General Terms & Conditions
Offbeat Experience (Company) is engaged in the marketing and sale of international and domestic holiday packages. The company is a travel and holiday organizer only. It does not own or operate any mode of transportation or services/sightseeing’s offered by our suppliers.
- The company cannot assume responsibility for delay, deficiency if any in the services of such independent service providers, their management or staff leading to any injury/death or loss/damage to property or any such eventuality.
- The company invests a lot of time in creating the best travel itineraries and make sure to provide you the best pre tour, on tour and post tour services.
- While every effort is made to maintain our services and follow the specified itinerary, in few unavoidable instances the company reserves the right to alter, amend, change or modify the Tour Schedule, Travel Plan, itineraries, sightseeing etc which can be notified to you during finalization, prior to departure or on arrival at the destination. In such instances we as a company will provide you full co-operation. Therefore no grievance regarding any itinerary/service change, which the company is constrained to make, will be entertained from the tour participant during or after the tour. This case happens only in a Group Package.
- International check in time is 14:00 OR 15:00 hrs or as per local hotel policy and check out time can vary from 10:00 hrs to 12:00 hrs or as per local hotel policy. Traveler will be bound by the hotel specific rules on check in/out time. We or even the hotel cannot guarantee early check in or late checkout as it is at the hotels discretion.
- Hotels or Apartments chosen for tours are ones that are comfortable and conveniently located from the sightseeing point of view. In case the traveler on his own makes any change in rooming or room category on tour, the company will not be bound to refund or pay compensation towards such change. Any additional charge in rooming or category and the cost thereof will be payable by the traveler directly to the hotel.
Flights/ Cruises/ Rail:
- Company has limitations in holding seats at a price beyond the time limit made available by the airline/cruise/rail companies concerned. Flights/Cruise/ Train reservations however fall under instant purchase system with no facility of blocking seats/accommodation at a given price point for which we have to make full payment to our suppliers. All the policies of the Airline, cruise liner or the rail company will be applicable.
- Tour participants have an option to choose between private transfers or seat in coach (SIC) transfer basis. It is necessary that tour participants are present at the pickup point at least 15 minutes before the schedule transfer time. It will be the responsibility of the traveler to always be on time since vehicles, drivers and guides have fixed working hours as also attractions venue have fixed entry timings. Missed transfers leading to miss sightseeing opportunities will not qualify for refund or compensation.
- Every transportation suppliers have their own baggage policy and rules, which should be adhered by the tour participants while packing their bags. Taking care of the baggage and personal belongings are the sole responsibility of the traveler and company shall not be liable for loss of baggage by hotel/airline/cruise/vehicle operator or any other carrier whilst on the tour or theft of personal belongings and valuables. Traveler can avail locker facility wherever available for their valuables.
- Traveler should hold valid travel documents viz. passport, visas, tickets for travel. It will be the travelers’ responsibility to apply for visa well in advance of proposed travel date with complete and correct set of documents prescribed by consulate including ticket copy and hotel confirmation vouchers.
- Company would not be responsible in any way for consequences of clerical or typing error in regards with name, validity and entries (single / multiple) that may occur in the consulate on the visa endorsement.
- The company will not be held responsible for loss of documents in transit from our company to the consulate done through third parties. In such case the company will make the best efforts to trace the lost documents and if still the same are not traceable the company will assist you in obtaining alternative / certified copies of such lost documents from concerned authorities.
- Further where passports are required to be couriered to consulates in other cities, we would take due care to use reputed courier companies. However in case of delays in delivery or loss of passport in transmission, company would not be responsible to compensate the tour participant for any consequences thereof.
- Granting of visa is at the sole discretion of the consulate and the company will not be liable or responsible for any delay or denial of visa applied for by the traveler and cancellation of tour for want of visa will attract cancellation charges.
- Traveler is bound to inform the company while booking the tour if he/she has any age related or medical condition that may affect his/her ability to enjoy and pursue the tour arrangements fully as per the itinerary. Travel insurance issued by any of the third party vendors will be strictly as per their terms and conditions. Any claims arising due to medical urgencies or any other reason as covered under the travel policy has to be filed as per the details and procedure mentioned on the travel insurance issued to the traveler by the third party. We as a company are only the middlemen/agents to get your travel insured and only guide you with the necessary procedures.
- Tour cost quotes on the website or though print medium/ marketing material of the company are based on price inputs that are available at the time of printing and /or uploading on the website. The Company thus reserves the right to quote / charge the tour participant prices prevailing at the time of actual receipt of booking for such services. In tours with dual pricing in INR and foreign currency, the INR equivalent of such foreign currency component will be collected at the prevailing rate of exchange at the time when tour participant makes payment thereof.
- Tour price may be subject to increase due to above factors, which are beyond the control of the company and will be binding on the tour participant to pay before departure. It must be further noted that all payments towards the foreign currency component of the tour cost shall be made by the tour participant from his/her BTQ entitlement and by signing BTQ form for the same as per RBI rules and regulations.
- Porterage and Tipping: Porterage and tipping is customary in all parts of the world for services rendered and the same is not included in tour price.
- Local Taxes: Tour participant will be required to pay city tax on per night stay basis directly to the hotel in the cities visited as per local rules of the city administration.
- Security deposit: It is customary for hotels to insist during check in, credit card details to cover security deposit in order to offset cost of any other services that the tour participant may avail from the hotel, besides what is included in the tour package.
- Booking deposit for the package depends upon the country a person needs to travel to and may vary accordingly. Also the amount differs depending upon many other factors like inclusions, travel date, peak and non-peak seasons, conditions of service providers etc. Hence the company has the right to ask for additional deposit in some cases. For certain service where the booking amounts are non refundable by our service providers, we have to collect full payment which we will informed during the process of the booking.
- The Company reserves the right at any time and/or for any reason whatsoever to terminate the contract after acceptance of booking amount but prior to the commencement of tour without assigning any reason whatsoever. There shall be no refund if any one or more traveler/s arrives late or absents himself at the commencement of the Tour, or leaves the tour before its culmination. If the traveler along with his family is compelled to discontinue the tour due to any reason such as illness, death, loss of passport no claim shall be entertained for refund of unutilized services.There shall be no refund if the traveler does not or cannot utilize any service included in cost of tour like meals, rooms, transport, excursions, etc. nor can any refund be made for lost, destroyed travel tickets or vouchers.All refunds will be made in INR only stricty by cheque/NEFT or RTGS notwithstanding collection of tour price designated in INR and/or currencies other than INR. Processing refunds can take up to 45 days from the date of refund approval from the company.
- As the company books your services much ahead of your travel date by making advance payment to various suppliers to confirm your seats/rooms/transport and all related travel services, cancellation of any or all of these service/s by tour participant, will attract cancellation charges detailed below which will be in addition to what the airline/cruise/hotels/ rail network levy as their cancellation charges as per their policies.For the purpose of this clause, cancellation could be for any reason whatsoever including medical, accident, death, court order, non availability of passport and / or visa or delayed or non- payment of balance amount within final due dates. All intimation for cancellation should be advised in writing by the lead traveler on the booking form on behalf of any one or more persons who cannot participate in the tour citing reasons thereof. The computation of the period of notice of cancellation shall commence only from the date of receipt on email or physical letter at company’s office as the case may be.
- CANCELLATION CHARGES
- BEFORE 40 DAYS : BOOKING DEPOSIT
- 40 -20 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE: 50 % OF INVOICE PRICE
- 19- 15 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE: 75 % OF INVOICE PRICE
- LESS THAN 14 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE: 100 % OF INVOICE PRICE
Note: Cancellation levy of hotel/airline/cruise line/ railway/transporter will also apply in addition to above.
- Company shall under no circumstance whatsoever is liable to the traveler or his co-traveler for: 1. Personal injury, sickness, accident, loss, death, delay, discomfort, increased expense, consequential loss and/or damage on account of theft howsoever caused.2. Loss of baggage by the Airline/Cruise line/Surface transportation.3. Failure on the part of airline to accommodate despite having confirmed tickets or Airline not allowing to board the flight for reasons beyond the control of the company.4. Temporary or permanent loss/damage to baggage/personal effects howsoever caused. In this condition the expression "howsoever caused" includes willful negligence on the part of any person.5. Damage or loss caused due to reasons beyond the control of the company (Force Majeure Vis Majeure).
- If the tour participant has any complaint in respect of services provided by any of the independents supplier or vendor, the tour participant shall immediately notify the same in writing to the independent supplier or vendor and scan copy emailed to the Company for them to take up the matter with them. Any claim or complaint by the traveler must be notified to the Company in writing within 7 days of the end of the Tour. No complaint or claim notified to the Company outside the period will be entertained and the Company shall incur no liability in respect thereof.